Sticky Towel

What's your favourite BGHS facility? Suggestions on how to get the most out of your visit.
dand1970
Anti-spam: No
The highest value please: 500

Sticky Towel

Post by dand1970 » 15 Jul 2015 15:04

The towels are always very clean as the whole of the facilities are.
However a query regarding towels.
After having mine I think accidentally swapped to a very messy sticky one! while I was in the Jacuzzi.
Would it be possible to introduce different coloured towels to differentiate or can we bring in own?
They did apologise and wanted their own towels back promptly and assume they wanted to put them in the bin provided.....

sam

Re: Sticky Towel

Post by sam » 15 Jul 2015 16:40

Dear dand1970

You are always welcome to bring your own towel and there is no limit on how many of ours you can exchange your wet one for a dry one for.

The red towel at BGHS has become a recognized part of the experience with many regulars referring to themselves as the red towel gang! Mistakes by people picking up the wrong towel by accident will always be made but are easily rectified with a new fluffy towel from us.

Sam
BGHS

ncisuk

Post by ncisuk » 02 Aug 2015 23:58

My solution has been to bring a bright yellow clothes peg which I clip to mine to avoid the problem. I've seen a fair few people bellow out "That's my towel I think....?"

Perhaps BGHS could offer them on request?

blondie64

Post by blondie64 » 19 Mar 2017 22:53

Allegedly getting the wrong towel has happened to me in another establishment surprisingly mine was the one on the floor in a puddle!!!

angie

Post by angie » 20 Mar 2017 18:17

Hi all.

Over the years there has been a great deal of talk about towel thieves, who are they? Why do they do it? Do they hide round the corners waiting to pounce or are they opportunistic? What kind of deterrent or punishment do they deserve? It's the times we live in! :) Of course some are genuine mistakes and some we all know have just succumb to the lure of a dry towel in easy reach and need to be dealt with ;) :D

Those deliberate towel thieves would not think twice about removing a peg, that's of course if we could even find enough pegs of different colours to make sure it wasn't just a green pegged person taking a green pegged towel that just wasn't theirs. We could of course name the peg but again a determined towel thief with slight of hand could get round that easily, plus some of our customers take their glasses off downstairs so wouldn't be able to see the name anyway. Of course the same applies to the different coloured towels and the accidental thief. How many colours is it possible to have and would everyone remember their latest colour? Sometimes remembering the key or even name is a challenge in their relaxed state and then of course we'd have to make sure we had a stocks of the different colours to give out when the towels got wet and know exactly which towel was out to whom so we didn't give too many of one colour out and what if purple towel people seemed to change their towels more often and we hadn't got enough in stock, do you change colour through the visit or maybe all the yellows left at the same time leaving only whites. We even had someone who bought their own towel once and it was taken by accident, mind you it was a red towel so there might lay the problem. :lol:

In all seriousness.... I may joke on this issue but I do understand from personal experience not just at BGHS but at hotels etc. across the globe, that it can be annoying when someone leaves you with a wet towel and so although this is not much comfort, I'd like to reassure you that we have genuinely thought through most ideas and will continue on the quest, but so far there have been no really workable ideas standing out.

Please though, do feel free to BYO or as Sam said just get a new one from us as often as you like. In the meantime we will keep watching Dragons Den for that clever entrepreneur who can solve the "towel issue" :D

Good luck!
Angie